While buzz often circulates around iPhone and Android, Nokia still leads the pack in terms of world market share. Symbian, for instance, remains the most widely used mobile operating system. With the emergence of Nokia's open development platforms, the opportunities available for mobile developers to target these vastly popular operating systems are clear.
Beginning Nokia Apps Development is step-by-step guide that introduces mobile development using Nokia's variety of open platforms like Mobile Qt, OpenSymbian, and MeeGo. This book brings beginners up to speed and shows experienced developers how to work on a mobile platform.
* Symbian, the most widely used operating system in the world, as well as MeeGo, the Intel/Nokia platform for mobile devices, both use Qt as a cross platform development framework. Utilizing Qt, a developer can easily target both platforms.
* Web Runtime applications can also be developed for both Symbian and MeeGo platforms, and additionally run with little modifications on other mobile platforms. This book explains how.
* New Qt developers learn the basics of Qt with a mobile slant, giving them the ability to target both desktop and mobile platforms.
What you'll learn
* How to do Qt basics
* What is QML or the Qt Markup Language
* What is Qt for Meego and how to use it
* <="" span=""> and how to use it
* How to work with the Web Runtime
* Why mobile development is different
* How to port/support MeeGo and Symbian platforms
Who this book is for
This book is for mobile developers wanting to target a Meego or Symbian platform (either as the sole platform or in cross-platform development), and existing mobile developers wanting to start using Qt.
About the Author
Ray Rischpater is a freelance consultant and author with over 8 years' experience writing about and developing for handheld computing platforms. During this time, Ray has participated in the development of Internet technologies for J2ME, QUALCOMM BREW, Palm OS, Newton, and Magic Cap, and proprietary operating systems for vertical handheld computers. In addition, he's consulted during the development of websites for wireless devices using HTML and WAP. Ray is currently a senior software engineer at Rocket Mobile Inc. and holds a bachelor's degree in pure mathematics from the University of California, Santa Cruz. He is the author of Wireless Web Development, Second Edition and Wireless Web Development with PHP and WAP.
* Paperback: 400 pages
* Publisher: Apress; 1 edition (December, 2010)
* Language: English
* ISBN-10: 1430231777
* ISBN-13: 978-1430231776
* File Size: 7.9 MiB
* Hits: 1,363 times
Download with Hotfile:
Download with FileSonic: